In the last few decades, there is a growing appreciation for nutraceuticals and dietary supplements' role in Japan to prevent health risks and improve health quality.
In the last 15 years, the Japanese nutraceutical industry, such as dietary supplements and functional foods, grew at an average of 15 percent per year. In 2019, Japan’s health-related food market was the third-largest in the world, with an estimated value of $13.3 billion.
The rise in healthcare costs, coupled with the growing geriatric population, is considered the one prominent reason for the growth of the functional food industry in Japan.
Top reasons to choose Japan market for your nutraceutical product
- The positive market growth for nutraceuticals and dietary supplements.
- Easy regulatory process.
- Huge market size.
- Increasing aging populations and an increase in intake of health supplements.
- Increasing awareness of using health products for wellbeing.
- The country’s fast pace and busy lifestyle make its consumers strongly rely on dietary supplements.
To register your nutraceutical products (Health Foods) in Japan, you need to know the following
- How are Nutraceuticals regulated in Japan?
- How are Health Foods classified in Japan?
- What are the nutraceuticals/dietary supplements/health foods that come under each category?
- What are the regulations that apply for each category for approval?
- What are the documents and label requirements to register the nutraceutical product?
- What are the timelines for approvals? and
- What is the overall process that is applicable to register your specific product?
Get details on the various categories of nutraceuticals/health foods applications, regulations, requirements, and processes to register in Japan.
Credevo has prepared a report by collecting the relevant information as per the current understanding and awareness of Credevo. Click on the blue button below to download the report.